"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Wanna fight about it?

Just got off the phone with the assistant manager at my Bank of Montreal branch regarding the issue of Michael receiving my Mastercard and bank account statements. I was livid. I wanted to sue, hold press conferences and threaten to have many people close their accounts with BMO. It didn't happen. I don't know what course this woman took to diffuse explosive situations, but she was good. I felt like I was being heard and understood and that she would get to the bottom of it. Her first words to me (after I tore through one of the CSRs) were, "Hi T-, you must be really upset". Hey! I wanted to say that. That's my line. So we'll see how they resolve it.
Things are going well today. I'm happy. I'm looking forward to things. I wanna fight about something, but I can't. Maybe I'll break something and then fix it.

No comments: