"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, December 14, 2007

Possibly expired pills = fun!

Got my period yesterday.
Get. Your. Own. Blog.
Day two is always the worst. Woke up writhing in pain at 3:30 and left a message on my boss's voicemail saying I would be in around 10:30 and popped some extra strength Ibuprofen. Got up around nine, showered, got ready to go, had my jacket on and was ready to head into work but the overwhelming desire to vomit because of the pain proved too much. Thank you, endometriosis (here's something ironic: endometriosis can lead to infertility and my condition was discovered when the surgeon was performing my tubuligation).
Called my boss and she kindly let me have the day off. I encouraged her to send spreadsheets to me at home, but she didn't. Which was good because I fell asleep on my couch, twice.
Douglas Coupland's "Hey Nostradamus" is proving to be an excellent read.
At about the time I felt that my left ovary had most certainly ruptured I started digging through some old purses for drugs and came across a single Ponstan. This is a prescription drug for people with mind-blowing menstrual cramps. I was not sure how long this little beauty had been languishing in my out-of-date purse, nor did I care. Get in my belly. Awoke three hours later, confused and disoriented with the remnants of some dream involving me wearing lingerie lingering.
I hate my period. I like napping on my couch. I hate clenching and unclenching my toes because of the pain. I like sleeping from 3 until 6pm.
What a waste of an entire day.
I wonder what other lovelies I can find in some of my other purses...

No comments: