"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Mrs. Doubtfire

Sometimes I don't like having my one blog of the day being such an introspective and odd one, so I like to interject a little weird humour.
I met a woman in my building today that spoke exactly like Robin Williams in "Mrs. Doubtfire". She even looked liked her. I felt oddly compelled to pull at her face and set her blouse on fire. But I didn't.
And the other girl in the lift on the way up? Wearing thongs. Come on! I admonished her. And then felt as though I was aged beyond my mere 31 (29?) years.
Head: move!

No comments: