"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Duder's first snow (in North Van)


It's pretty. Pretty cold, that is. I hope you appreciate the how I braved the arctic temperatures in my pajamas in order to bring you these lovely photos taken from my gargantuan balcony. Which also had a little dusting of the white stuff on it.
I thought perhaps my parents would not come out because of the snow but, as per my voicemail this morning, they are en route. My dad has yet to see the place so I am interested in what he thinks!
Then tonight I am meeting Big D and Po downtown for an AIDS benefit concert: one of my coworkers is an opera singer (how cool is that). I don't want to go solely because it's cold and I'd rather stay in, watch a movie and enjoy you know, being warm. I'd last a week in Calgary.
Also, Thelonious Monk is enjoyable on Saturday mornings with coffee.

No comments: