"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, December 6, 2007

What is okra? (and other hard-hitting questions)


I'm not doing the clinic tonight. Bite me. I'm doing yoga. Need to get in touch with my inner spirituality and find some peace. Peas?
Actually, I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders today. I feel... good. And happy. I think I'm going to be less hard on myself going forward. The world smacks you around enough in a day; I think I can put the self-flagellation on hold for a bit. Maybe sleep nights instead of waking up in a cold sweat worrying about who I am letting down. Perhaps work on my posture which, until now, was exuding a sense of defeatism. And when people push me around I might just push back. I have everything I need: what are you offering me that I so desperately want?
Also: is okra really an integral part of Asian cuisine? I keep walking by this restuarant on my way home from work. Perhaps I will go in, alone, and eat there and I will be the decider as to this whole okra/Asian fusion debacle.
The world is my oyster! But I'm going to bed at ten, nonetheless. The oyster will be there in the morning.
Wanna shuck?


No comments: