"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The mounting

The 42" television has been successfully mounted on my wall. Suh-weet. Michael let me affix the plate to the back of the t.v. like the mentally challenged individual I am, while he hand-screwed the mount into the metal studs in my wall. I could totally do that. Boys that are handy with tools are sexy.
So then we had some burritos and beers and watched the Bourne Bureaucracy or whatever the current installation is. The Bourne Audit. The Bourne Kitchen Reno. It was actually really good and was kick ass on my huge television. I'm not all that into gratuitous violence (unless it's perpetrated against Republicans or SUV drivers), but there was a pretty cool car chase scene that I actually had to rewind because it was so spectacular I thought it might be fake.
Before this whole electronic installation extravaganza I went for a run. It was supposed to be a 10k but I got lost so meandered around North Van for an hour. No pain! I'm really quite pleased with that. It's so great to be getting back on track with my running... in time for Christmas and New Years. Dammit. So much hungover running to be done in these final days of 2007.
My little work station is currently located under the television so, uh, if I go missing or something it's because the mount wasn't secure and I was crushed by a giant Westinghouse flatscreen while blogging.
The dangers of having a swinging bachelorette pad, no?

No comments: