"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

And yet, the higher road slopes markedly downwards

Apparently taking the high road means verbally sparring with someone, and ending up in tears in the CFO's office. There is nothing more pathetic than a woman who cries in an office. Hi. I'm that pathetic woman. I am so frustrated. Less so about the matter at hand, but that I will now be thought of as "emotional".
I wish I became more eloquent when I was frustrated. But, you know, having shaking hands and welling up with tears of rage is just as good.

No comments: