"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, November 19, 2007

I'm done

Today felt like my first "official day" in Central Lonsdale. Walking down to the seabus in the morning. Wandering aimlessly around Lonsdale Quay after work and then trudging up the hill to get home. Whereupon I met another resident of this building who was eager to talk to me during our brief elevator ride. Why is everyone so friendly here? I feel like some out of place, angry New Yorker. Why are you wishing me a good evening? Stop smiling at me!
Made one of the four edible dinners that I manage to make in the course of a year: red peppers stuffed with ground beef with biryani sauce and risotto. Ate at my little bar, listening to SomaFm and reading Margaret Atwood. How sweet is that? Would've been that much more interesting to be able to share that particular moment with someone, but I'm still too lazy to do anything about it.
Flock to me.

No comments: