"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's cold. Also, I don't want to go to bed.

It's cold. I do believe I mentioned that. People were skidding all over the place this morning because it was only TWO DEGREES. At first I thought it was me, that the soles of my boots were inadequate, but Michael said he actually fell on the way to work this morning and then he said, "I'm too old to be falling". I started to laugh and he said, "Nice crinkles around the eyes, there", and so I looked in the mirror and was displeased. Forget crows feet, these were like... elephant's feet. I need to get some sleep.
This brings me to my next issue. I don't want to go to bed. I'm not sure why: I get like this sometimes. I feel that by going to bed I might be missing something. What in the hell I think I might be missing (besides a good night's sleep) is beyond me. Perhaps it goes further and is more of a "rage against the dying of the light" kind of fear of death thing. I'm the first to admit that I have a really hard time sitting still, but this is ridiculous. I shall chalk it up to "new apartment jitters" and allow myself to believe I'll start going to bed at reasonable times next week. Yeah, let's go with that.
Worked out in the crappy gym in my building for an hour today. I'm absolutely going to feel like I've been kicked down a flight of stairs tomorrow morning. Hey, why do ten reps when you can do three sets of ten reps. Yep. I haven't been physically active (depending on what you mean by 'physically active', of course... ahem) for about a month, so trying to get a t-shirt over my head tomorrow should be excruciating. Ah well, glad to be back in the whole fitness routine. In a one month span I managed to go from being in the best shape of my life to the worst shape in the last five years? I can't wait to run my first 10k. I'll probably vomit. Boston, here I come...
Well, that's all I've got. Pretty banal, yes? Yes. Sorry. I'll try to get up to some hijinks tomorrow, but things have been pretty tame since I found my pants.

No comments: