"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, November 4, 2007

I'm not copping out

I guess if I put forth the question, I should answer said question. What, of any significance, have I done as of late? Well, I bought a condo. Let me rephrase that: my parents bought me a condo. And this has significance only to me, so it's rather irrelevant. I donated a lot of my "stuff" to some people in the building, all of whom seemed rather happy to take it. And yes, I realize that the very significance of the act is demoted by my speaking of it, but I am happy to give my toys to my next door neighbours. And I'm glad that the hot French guy is taking my stereo, lamp and some other accroutrements. Yeah, he had a girlfriend. Oh, he took my old school camera too. Michael was like, "Was there film in that?". Huh. I really hope not. I'm pretty sure I've tracked down and destroyed all the naked pictures of myself. And have supplanted it with naked photos of others. It's the best kind of insurance. Of great significance. I have tried to be a good friend to others this weekend. I have tried to put the shoe on the other foot. I donated clothing to charity. Meh. It is insufficient. I will have to find something to lend my time to in Central Lonsdale to help balance out all the good things that seem to come my way by virtue of the horseshoe that is lodged up my ass.
Lastly, here is a pic of my living room. Sad, no? The picture pulled the room together. Not unlike Lebowski's rug. What am I going to do now? And what is that shadow? Is it Jesus? Should I call the Pope? Is that significant??

No comments: