"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, November 12, 2007

I am afraid to go outside

I shall anchor myself with steel toed boots, a belt with a huge brass buckle, and lots of heavy jewellery.
Also: thanks to the one person who has discerned that "hell, yes" they will come and visit me in Central Lonsdale. I love you, mom. Kidding: her power is down. And she's long since been sufficiently horrified to stop reading my blog. Her words: "I don't need to know that".

No comments: