"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The fun things in my cupboards

I found some Pez in a drawer. I shall view it as an appetizer. My dinner is going to be a sandwich with tomato soup. Except I have Soy Milk instead of cow milk. I bet that's not going to work too well. Hmmm...
So the coolest thing happened when I was walking home. I get to S. Lampman (purveyor of fine men's clothing) and I hear loud jazz. I thought, huh, they must have their outside speakers cranked up for some reason, on this dank and dreary day. Then I see that there is a man sitting on the bench outside the store playing the trumpet. Well. Apropos of nothing. It put a little spring in my step and helped to temper the rage I felt when, after dumping laundry detergent into the SOLE WASHER in our building, I dropped the lid and noticed that, oddly, ten minutes were remaining on the wash cycle as a horrific grinding noise started to emanate from the bowels of the machine. So someone broke the machine with ten minutes left, pulled their stuff out and didn't leave an "Out of Order" note. Chunks.
Where's that trumpet guy again??
Oh, I have smoked oysters, too.

No comments: