"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

More thoughts on well being

After I received the well being sticker, a series of unfortunate things happened. These unfortunate things left me with a pain in my stomach and with some overall stress and unhappiness.
I found out that the Bank of Montreal has been sending my bank and credit card statements to my ex.
I realized I lost my debit card.
I discovered that my initial assessment of people is usually bang on, and that I have a tendency to give them far more credit than they are due, but since I'm afraid of confrontation I don't really do anything about it.
I realized that I had not lost my debit card, but rather had merely misplaced it.
I understand that the well being sticker was a misnomer, and it was prepping me for a rapid series of realizations and things that would make me feel unwell.
I think I've recovered nicely.

No comments: