"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, November 12, 2007

When is a Volkswagon Jetta a tricycle?

When it loses one of its wheels on the Stanley Park causeway. I would say, "How in the hell does that happen?", but that's the kind of thing that would happen to me.
My leftover dinner from Saturday night has gotten significantly spicier. I guess it's been stewing in its literal juices for a bit. It's this, canned salmon or beef broth. Choices, choices.
Was supposed to see my nana, mom and aunt for lunch today but my mom cancelled. She lost power this morning and a tree fell across the road. I said, "Suck it up: you know how to work a chainsaw". Kidding. I wonder when I'll see my nana and aunt next. It's kind of a weird thought. I wonder when I'll see you next. I can hardly wait. I am breathless with anticipation.
I had a dream that I was in the house at Lasqueti last night and there was an earthquake. When it started I knew immediately what it was and I fell to my knees as started praying to god (because everyone knows how tight I am with god). Then it stopped and I thought to myself, "Well that wasn't so bad" and then it was like a hand tipped the house on a 45 degree angle and I was like, "Ahh... there it is". I dreamed this because I watched a show about religious fanaticism on Sunday night (after Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad, natch). It was great. The interviewer was asking questions of these old, white, shake n' bake Christian bible pounders and they're spewing hell and brimfire and the interviewer asks the question that I've always wanted to ask one of these people. He said (roughly), "What do you think about the fact that there are Muslims out there right now who believe as fervently as you do that there faith is the one true faith above all others?". And you know what they said, "Well, they haven't read the bible.". Wow. It's like trying to explain quantum physics to a five year old. Except I think you'd have better luck making headway with the youngster. In other religious news: Buddhists do not agree with homosexuality. So much for that path of enlightenment. I know that I make mention of creating my own religion on my profile, and I think I might just get to work on that once I'm all settled in.

No comments: