"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I don't like stress

It's stressful. My mortgage broker almost gave me a coronary today. I don't even want to get into the details, they are so ridiculous. Add to this the fact that my A-type personality appears to be resurfacing which has led me to move loads of boxes to store at Michael's apartment. M said, "Um, you know the movers can move your boxes, right?". No. No, they cannot. I must do everything and control everything. You want me to sit back and what? Relax? Not possible. Must. Manage. The minutiae.
I shall spend the rest of the afternoon trying to control the weather.
Have I mentioned that I haven't been running?

No comments: